Thursday, December 31, 2009

Charles Rochlin | Funeral with Full Military Honors



Yesterday morning I received a call and was asked to shoot a funeral of a young man that died tragically. Charles Rochlin, 24, of Westport, CT died last Sunday as a passenger in a car accident. He is a Marine who had days before spent time in Iraq serving our country and was scheduled to deploy overseas again shortly after the New Year. I personally have never shot a funeral, let alone one of a young man that in his 24 years of life had done so much and died so suddenly... I approached the assignment with care and compassion and set out to capture the service honoring such a courageous individual as it unfolded in front of my eyes.

My condolences go out to Charley's family, friends and fellow soldiers.































David Esposito/Photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment